We're back with another FIFA19 tournament,Proudly brought to you by the Orlando Pirates Football Club, The aim of this tournament is to grow eSports (FIFA) in South Africa and to test the Pirates eSports players against some of the best competitors in South Africa.
The Orlando Pirates eSports FIFA19 Tournament is scheduled to take place on the weekend of 6th & 7th July at Balfour Mall Shopping Centre in Highlands, Johannesburg.
Entry to this tournament is completely free
Below you will find details on how to be part of this tournament.
Tournament will compose of 32 teams
- Orlando Pirates eSports teams = 4
- 8 groups of 4 teams in each group
- Top 2 placed teams qualify for "Last 16"
- Participants will compete in a "1 VS 1" & "2 VS 2" Format until we have a winner
We're changing it up this year, This year the format of the The Orlando Pirates eSports FIFA19 Tournament will be based on FIFA's "eNation Qualifier".
We're changing it up this year, This year the format of the The Orlando Pirates eSports FIFA19 Tournament will be based on FIFA's "eNation Qualifier", meaning that participants will have to enter in teams of two (ie: two players per team).
1. The Orlando Pirates eSports FIFA19 Tournament will be played using a round robin format.
2. 32 teams placed into Groups of 8, 4 teams per group.
3. Top two teams from each group progress to Round of 16.
4. All matches(this applies to group & knockout stages) will be played via three sections:
- one 2 VS 2 match
- one 1 VS 1 match (first set of opponents)
- one 1 VS 1 match (second set of opponents)
NB: Teams will have to decide between themselves which players will face one another
5. Each of the matches will have allocated points (these points will be tallied and the two highest placed teams will progress to the knockouts):
- 3 points for a win
- 1 point for a draw
- 0 points for a loss
6. If points are tied, Goal difference will determine the winner (applies to knockout rounds)
Please see full rule set in the following slide.
Note. Only registered members will be allowed to participate in the Orlando Pirates e-League (See T&C's page).
Teams: ANY, besides Classic or World 11 teams
Game Mode: Kick Off
Match Conditions: Clear and Sunny
Half Length: 5 min
Format: 3 matches to be played
Teams Selection: Teams or participants must have two or more chosen teams.
Defending: Tactical only
Custom Tactics: Allowed
Recording all games: ALL matches should be recorded, simply double tap the share button on your PS4 controller to record your match. you will face disqualification should you fail to record the game
Abusing In-Game Mechanics: Abusing in game mechanics will result in the loss of that game.
Lack of Cooperation: Failing to comply with Support Staff's directions and/or requests will result in the forfeit of the entire match.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By entering the Orlando Pirates eSports Tournaments, all applicants and players accept and agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions.
1. Members of the public may participate in the Orlando Pirates eSports Tournaments.
2. If on any specific game there is an age restriction, Members will have to abide to the age restriction,I.D may be required.
3. South African I.D will be required to claim any prize
4. Winners of any prizes will be required to bring proof of age to claim their prize
5. Orlando Pirates eSports reserves the right to alter the format of the tournament and requirements for participation in the Orlando Pirates eSports Tournaments
6. All games are played on their respective original form, No copies or Demos are useable
7. No coaching allowed (for example, people in the audience may not advise a Player while playing).
8. No memory cards or saved games are permitted.
9. Players are prohibited from wearing headsets and may not listen to any music during the Orlando Pirates eSports Tournaments.
10. It is the responsibility of all Players to be familiar with the controller's functions and mode of operation. If a controller is defective, a Player can pause the game and notify the referee. The referee will determine the controller status in making such a decision. If a Player plays with a defective controller, all results are nevertheless valid.
11. Unnecessary pauses or delays are prohibited.
12. Any action designed to disrupt the opposing Player's view of the screen or ability to select game functions is prohibited.
13. Each game will begin play at its designated time, and as designated on site at the tournaments.
14. Players not present at the designated start time for any match will be disqualified, and their opponent shall be granted a win. Players are encouraged to be in the designated play area 15-minutes prior to game time.
15. Players will be shown their designated station, shall set up the game and immediately begin play. Each Player will have 2 minutes to configure controls,
16. Custom packages cannot be used, nor can anything else that is not available in the in-game pause menu.
17. Players shall be responsible for keeping track of game situation so if a game is interrupted, the situation can be restored. In all situations possible,tournament referees will monitor the game situation so that it may be restored in the event of game interruptions.
18. Orlando Pirates eSports Staff reserve the right to forfeit the Match should participants not present themselves at the sampling unit after their name is called, regardless of any mitigating circumstances.
19. Players shall raise their hands at the end of the game so a referee can record their score. Only scores reported to the referee are official
20. No replays or game interruptions, except for designated pauses to report scores (if any), will be allowed
21. If a game is interrupted intentionally by any Player, that Player will immediately be disqualified.
22. If a game interruption is caused by outside circumstances such as a machine error or loss of power, the game shall be continued from the point of interruption
23. Referees will be on site to monitor all game play. Referees will begin play, and will record scores for each game.
24. Referees will be identified by a special ID tag.
25. The decision of a referee is final and binding.
26. Orlando Pirates eSports Apparel, Will be used by official Orlando Pirates eSports players.
27. Use of alcohol or drugs is prohibited on the premises of, or during the attendance of, live events or tournaments, for the duration of the competitive tournament.
28. Players must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol while participating.
29. Smoking is prohibited except in designated areas.
30. Any player who appears to violate the above terms under this clause may be sanctioned.
31. Players must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner, maintaining a friendly and polite demeanour to spectators, members of the press, tournament or league officials, and to other Players.
32. Players will refrain from using vulgar or offensive language.
33. Abusive behaviour, including harassment and threats is prohibited.
34. Physical abuse, fighting or any threatening action or threatening language, directed at any Player, spectator, official or any other person is prohibited.
35. Abuse to game stations, controllers or any tournament equipment is prohibited.Any person that Breaks any equipment is responsible for replacing that item
36. Any action that interferes with play of a game, including but not limited to purposely breaking a game station, interfering with power, and abuse of in-game pausing, is prohibited.
37. Gambling, including betting on the outcome of games, is prohibited.
38. Video taping/ recording of any images of Orlando Pirates eSports tournaments, for any purpose including scouting by Players, is prohibited unless permission has been granted by Orlando Pirates eSports.
39. All Players must be available for any post-tournament awards ceremonies and interviews Granted.
40. Players shall not carry out or facilitate any promotional or marketing activities whatsoever with respect to the Orlando Pirates eSports Tournament including at any Orlando Pirates eSports Tournament venue.
41. The recording, dissemination or any other exploitation of images of the Orlando Pirates eSports Tournaments is strictly prohibited.
42. Winners should allow 90 working days to query prize claim .
43. Only South African Citizens over the age of 16 may enter the tournament.
44. By entering the Orlando Pirates eSports Tournaments each Player:
a. assumes sole liability for injuries, including personal injuries and/or damage to property, caused or claimed to be caused by participating in any tournaments or the acceptance, shipping and handling, loss or use of any award; and
b. consents to the use by Orlando Pirates eSports of his or her name, likeness and/or still or moving image on Orlando Pirates eSports Tournaments website and in any and all publicity and advertising for the Orlando Pirates eSports Tournament or other promotions by Orlando Pirates eSports without any further attribution, additional notification or compensation, except where prohibited by law.
c. Personal Data
d. In order to take part in the Orlando Pirates eSports Tournaments, the Player needs to provide Orlando Pirates eSports with personal data (name, address, age, email address, telephone number,etc).
You acknowledge and agree that Orlando Pirates eSports and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parents, representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies are in any way responsible or liable for damages, loss or injury resulting from:
e. lost, incomplete, incorrect, damaged, delayed or mis-directed applications;
f. a Player's participation in the Orlando Pirates eSports Tournaments or the acceptance, shipping, handling, loss or use of any award or any portion of any award made in relation to the Orlando Pirates eSports Tournament;
g. technical, hardware or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic or other communications.
h. Winner has to produce valid South African ID document no later than 72 hours after winning, if the winner fails to do so, prize will be passed on to the next eligible player.
45. All Tournaments hosted by Orlando Pirates eSports are "FREE ENTRY" That means that we do not charge to use any of the Consoles or Games on display.
46. Only registered members will be allowed to participate in the Orlando Pirates e-League .
47. Orlando Pirates eSports cannot accept responsibility for any loss, injury or similar, All participants or viewers that enter the demarcated Gaming area enter at their own risk
48.Prize may not be transferred to another person, Prize may not be transferred to 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc.
49. Orlando Pirates eSports cannot accept responsibility for any loss, injury or death during an event or during travel.